Our SEEK –Starting Social Enterprise project supports people who are not in work to start up their own social enterprise and gain skills to move into other employment opportunities.
Social Enterprises are businesses that trade to tackle social problems, strengthen communities or improve the environment. They aim to generate most of their income through selling goods and services, reinvesting the majority of their profits to further their mission.
Join us and discover how you can transform your vision into reality through our six-month social enterprise StartUp Programme which includes:
- 1 week training course providing expert knowledge and skills to help you get started
- Monthly workshops to offer continued expert knowledge
- Creating an individual learning journey to plan your path to setting up a social enterprise
- A mentor who will provide one to one support throughout the programme
- StartUp fund of £500
- 4 days of work shadowing of a social enterprise CEO or Manager
- Peer to peer action learning sets once a month
- Support to engage in local business network events to help your business idea to grow
We will also provide you with on-going mentoring and access to action learning sets after the programme.